Who Do You Think You Are?
Brian Weller Rev. Amy Zucker Morgenstern
“Know thyself,” said one of the inscriptions of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, and Socrates considered it a foundation of all wisdom. But it’s not easy to know ourselves honestly. One person who can help is the writer Kazuo Ishiguro, whose intimate explorations of self-deception have garnered him this year’s Nobel Prize. Perhaps the Nobel Committee recognizes that knowing ourselves is one of the great challenges of our time. Feeling brave with me? Let’s peel away some layers of self-deception and see what we find. Music: The Season of Us, jazz duo
- Winter 2018 ARE Brochure
- November 19, 2017 Bulletin
- Fortune-Cookie Fortunes Wanted!
- The South Palo Alto Food Closet
- Are you Alive, Awake, Alert, and Motivated? The Audio Committee can use your help!
- UUCPA Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner – Thurs, Nov 23
- The Auction Thanks You!
- Holiday Bazaar & Bake Sale Needs Your Donations
ACS Realm is our online directory.
Directory Search (login required):
- 11/20/2017 - Mens Group – 60+10:00 am - 11:30 am, Room A
- 11/21/2017 - Womens Group – Tuesday10:00 am - 12:00 pm, Room A
- 11/21/2017 - Committee on Ministry Mtg7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Room 10
- 11/21/2017 - Mens Group – Working Stiffs7:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Room A
- 11/22/2017 - Womens Group – Wednesday10:00 am - 12:00 pm, Room A
- 11/23/2017 - UUCPA Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner12:00 pm - 3:00 pm, Main Hall
- 11/23/2017 - Library Committee Mtg6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Library
- 11/23/2017 - Choir Rehearsal7:15 pm - 9:15 pm, Main Hall
- 11/23/2017 - Young Adult Group7:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Room A
- 11/24/2017 - Mens Group – Friday9:30 am - 11:30 am, Room A
Forum - A Public Discussion Group
The Forum is a drop-in public discussion group – everyone is welcome to join us from 9:00 am - 10:15 am in the Fireside Room.
Future Forum topics can be found here.
Events for Children and Youth
- 11/26/2017 - Child care (for infants, toddlers, and young children)9:30 am - 12:00 pm,
- 11/26/2017 - Sunday School for children and youth age 3 through grade 89:30 am - 10:30 am, UUCPA