The Caring Network meets emotional, spiritual, and physical needs of the congregation by giving temporary help to members and friends of the church.
- We provide compassionate accompaniment through hard times. When you need someone to listen and give support, we want to be there for you. We visit, make phone calls and send cards.
- We can provide rides, food, telephone calls, and errands.
- We can connect you to other resources in the community, such as rides programs and support for elders.
- When a new baby arrives, we support the family with dinners through Baby Cafe.
- Through the Get Better Bistro, we provide dinners to families with illness.
- We assist in planning memorial services and serving at receptions after the services.
- We keep the congregation informed of Joys and Concerns via email and The Bulletin (newsletter).
- The By Your Side Singers (BYSS) visits and sings for any church member or friend, of any age, who seeks comfort, strength, or connection with UUCPA during times of illness, major life transition, or not being able to get to church. When invited, we sing in homes, in hospital rooms, or wherever we may accompany someone in need.
We consider the entire congregation members of this network as, in one way or another, we all help each other.
Phyllis Cassel (on leave), Cathy Gale, Esa Jacobi, Nancy Jensen, Sara Newcomb
Ride coordinator: Elaine Dodd
By Your Side Singers leaders: Matt Rosin and Rev. Melissa Thomson
How to request help
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to request the support of the Caring Network.
Reaching us in a pastoral emergency
What is a pastoral emergency?
You or someone in your immediate family have been arrested.
You or someone in your immediate family are being rushed to the hospital.
You or someone in your immediate family have been a victim of violence.
You are overwhelmed with despair.
If such a situation arises, we want to be here for you without delay.
If you have a pastoral emergency, you can reach a minister at 650-494-0541 x25. One of the ministers will respond to your call.
By Your Side Singers
By Your Side Singers (BYSS) is UUCPA’s pastoral care choir, founded in 2016.
In small groups, we visit and sing for any church member or friend, of any age, who seeks comfort, strength, or connection with UUCPA during times of illness, major life transition, or not being able to get to church. When invited, we sing in homes, in hospital rooms, or wherever we may accompany someone in need.
If you are a member or friend of the church undergoing a trying time of illness, change, or transition, we welcome you to call on us, so we may help ease your burden and calm your spirit through gentle song.
To request a visit: contact the Caring Network, the ministers of the congregation, or the BYSS co-chairs or singers directly.
To sing with us: learn more here.
Rev. Melissa Thomson, Matthew Rosin, Co-Chairs email@example.com